Certified Life Coach
Your child has been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder, what’s next? The special education system is overwhelming and you’re uncertain if your child is receiving all the available resources entitled to them, what do you do? Your child is entering high school or college, how do you help your child handle the transition? What options are available when your child turns 21 and they have aged out of the school system? Going through a separation or divorce and are concerned about your child’s anxiety and well being during this difficult transition? Are you in a blended family and your child with special needs is struggling with the new family dynamics?
These are some of the many issues I coach parents and caregivers through. They are common concerns parents have regarding the future of their autistic child.
From the initial diagnosis to transition into adulthood, from separation/divorce to blended families, I can help you with these challenges and create an action plan that is best suited for your family.
My knowledge with autism comes from my personal experience raising my child who was diagnosed with classic autism at age 3. I have coached other families who have also received an autism diagnosis for their child and I have over 16 years’ experience in developing well-structured plans for children ranging from preschool to college. I have been through a divorce and handled the transition into a blended family with my autistic child. I know first had the challenges having a child with special needs can bring; from securing sufficient support in school to developing and fostering independence to finding balance and happiness in the new family structure.
As a certified life coach, here is how I can help you:
- How to come to terms with your child’s autism diagnosis.
- Coping with separation/divorce and skills on how to move forward. You are not alone.
- Establishing the best action plan for your child based on their strengths and abilities, whether they are in preschool or college.
- Finding the right school for your child.
- Strategies on how to build a successful Individualized Education Plan (IEP) for your child as well as attending IEP meetings to ensure proper resources are secured.
- Navigating the special education system and knowing your rights.
- Transition into college – assisting in establishing on-site resources and aide for the student to ensure their academic success.
- Providing tools to support and assist with major transitions such as a new school, change in family dynamics, divorce and blended family.
- Review of all documents and core planning for the next academic school year.
- Strategies on developing life skills, being organized and fostering independence.
I also coach young adults transitioning out of school and into the workplace. In collaboration with the parents, I assist them by providing specific tools that will help them with the following;
- Zero in on their skills and strengths because this will translate to a more success employment.
- How to create a positive job resume.
- Using available resources to find job opportunities.
- Practicing job interviews.
- The benefits of internship & volunteering as a starting point.
As an autism advocate and consultant, I have been working for the last 16 years developing well-structured plans for autistic kids, ranging from preschool to college, as well as helping to raise awareness, knowledge, understanding and respect for autistic individuals.
My passion is to help parents become the best advocate for their children, working together to help the kids reach their full potential while providing parents with skills and strategies that will help them to thrive and live a more balanced life.
My experience and insight will help you, your child and your family build a strong and positive action plan.
Services are offered in person or via Skype and email.
Some people only need one hour of a coaching session to get them back on track. Others require more frequent help. My coaching sessions are tailored to fit your needs. The tools that I provide, including weekly assignments, will have you focused and moving towards your goals immediately.
- One-Time “Jump Start” Coaching & Mentoring Session – This one hour coaching session will target one specific area of concern . I will help you gain clarity and develop the strategies you need to start moving forward.
- One Month Coaching – This coaching package will enable you to address different issues that are very challenging for you. I will get you focused on your objectives and develop specific strategies that you will apply on a daily basis to attain your goals.
- 60 day “Step Up To Success” – This two month program is designed to inspire change!! It will challenge you to step up and move forward to live your best life possible. It will help you focus on the areas you seek change.
- VIP Woman to Woman Day – For ladies only, this VIP day is tailored to your needs where I will provide the ultimate support and mentorship you need to help you get back on track and start living and thriving in your life. You are worthy of all good things!!!
For more details on packages and rates, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below.
My passion is inspiring change and empowering every family raising children with exceptional needs.
I offer a free 30 minute consultation. Contact me today and let me help you get back on track!!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid” – Albert Einstein